Spinach & pumpkin seed vegan burger
If you love yourself some raw, you are probably pretty used to a little food preparation. But totally worth the amazing health benefits right? While this vegan burger recipe does require some time to prep, it is packed with goodness and is super yummy!
This is definitely one of our favourite Chef Sara recipes and we recommend you give it a try.
We like to serve these delicious burgers with Violife cream cheese and some homemade humus.
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of flaxseeds (soaked in the fridge overnight)
½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon of cumin
5 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
¼ cup of olive oil
¼ cup of fresh oregano
1 cup of chopped celery
4 grated small zucchinis
2 grated carrots
1 cup of chopped fresh coriander
1 cup of chopped fresh parsley
1 chopped onion
2 cups of chopped kale
1 cup of chopped baby spinach
- Place pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, flaxseeds, cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic cloves, coconut aminos, olive oil and oregano in a food processor.
- Mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add celery, zucchinis, carrots, coriander, parsley, onion, kale and baby spinach to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Place mixture into a burger mould and form the burger patty.
- Place burger patties on a dehydrator tray and place into the dehydrator.
- Dehydrate overnight.
We would love to hear about how yours come out, share with us on facebook.com/plantbasedlifeSA/
Happy healthy cooking!