Spinach and chickpea curry
This spinach and chickpea curry by The Buddist Chef is the perfect curry in a hurry. Its simple, quick to make and is spicy and delicious. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you need a nutritional tasty meal but don’t have too much time to spend whipping up something in the kitchen. A weeknight winner indeed!
1 cup of short grain brown rice
2 cups of water
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 chopped onion
1 diced red bell pepper
2 minced cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of paprika
2 teaspoons of cumin
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
Black pepper to taste
1 can of chickpeas
4 cups of baby spinach
- In a saucepan, combine brown rice and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, tomato paste, crushed red pepper, maple syrup, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Stir in chickpeas and baby spinach.
- Continue cooking another 5 minutes. Serve on rice and garnish with sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Happy healthy cooking!