Indian Chickpea Curry
There is nothing quite like a good Indian curry when it starts to get a bit chilly out, and as the colder seasons roll in the quicker and easier the meal the better! This Indian chickpea curry by the Happy Pear literally only takes 5 minutes to make is exactly what you need on those wintery-weekday nights when all you want to do is cuddle up under a blanket by the TV with a delicious hot and flavour-filled meal.
- ½ red onion
- 2 tablespoons
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ thumb-sized piece of ginger
- ½ a red chili
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin coconut milk
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- small bunch of coriander
- zest of ½ lime
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 avocado
- Heat the oil on a medium heat.
- Thinly slice the onion and garlic and add to the pan.
- Grate the ginger into the pan. No need to remove the skin!
- Thinly slice the chilli and add to the pan.
- Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Chop the coriander and add to the pan along with the lime zest.
- Add the lime juice, season to taste and serve with avocado and the grain of your choice.
Share your creations with us on facebook.com/plantbasedlifeSA/
Happy healthy cooking!