Homemade vegan pizza
This homemade vegan pizza recipe for 4 is the perfect Friday-movie night meal with the fam. Includes pizza dough recipe and is 100% vegan!
Homemade Pizza Dough
Prep Time: 2 hours Yields: 4 20cm pizza’s
Once prepared the dough will need to sit for +-1 hour.
We like to throw in a splash of flaxseed powder for extra firbre and omega-3. This recipe is still perfect if you prefer to leave it out.
- 2 cups gluten-free general purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Combine the water and yeast in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Combine the flour and salt in a larger mixing bowl and add the water and yeast.
- Using a round-bladed knife or butter knife, mix together using cutting motions. Once the mixture has combined, add olive oil and use your hands to knead the dough together in the bowl.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly brush a bowl with oil and place dough inside. Cover the bowl with a clean wet cloth and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Dust work surface with flour and knead dough. Form into a long cylinder and divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each piece into 20cm discs.
*Tip: For perfectly round bases use a round plate as a stencil to cut out the bases.
Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Yields: 4 20cm pizza’s
A pizza isn’t a pizza without cheese! Try Violife’s delicious dairy-free cheese for pizza from Vfoods.
- 100g tomato paste
- Dried oregano/basil for sprinkeling
- 2 tablespoons crashed garlic
- 2 cups grated Violife cheese for pizza
- 2 cups portobellini mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 2 sliced chilli’s (Optional)
- 1 avocado pear
- Rocket for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 180°c and lightly oil oven tray.
- Place pizza base on oven tray and smear with tomato paste using the back of a table spoon. Sprinkle lightly with dried herbs and 1/2 tablespoon of crushed garlic.
- Evenly distribute 1/2 cup of grated Violife cheese over the pizza.
- Add 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, 1/4 cup sliced olives and 1/2 sliced chilli.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from oven, add avo and rocket and serve!
Try this recipe and share your results with us on social media!