Turn a simple weeknight dinner into a FIESTA with this delicious enchilada lasagna recipe by The Buddhist Chef. Basically it’s an enchilada layered up like a lasagna, then baked until bubbly and delicious!! Quick and easy to make using simple ingredients that you are sure to have in the pantry.
We recommend you top it off with some delicious Violife dairy free pizza cheese to make it that all much more satisfying!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons agave nector
1 cup canned red kidney beans
4 – 5 Large corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, maple syrup, and kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes, or until thickened. (The sauce can be made in advance and frozen.)
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce at the bottom of a square 9-in. (23-cm) baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of tortillas.
- Repeat sauce and tortilla layers up to 4 times, depending on the desired thickness.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Share your creations with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plantbasedlifeSA/
Happy healthy cooking!