Vegan Xmas Roast Gravy
What is a Christmas roast without gravy? This delicious vegan Xmas roast gravy by the The Avent Guarde Vegan is rich in flavour and will really bring your meal together.
It goes superbly with our Vegan Xmas Roast Wellington.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of portebellini mushrooms, cut into chunks
2 large red onions, peeled & cut into quarters
1 leek (remove top and tail), cut into chunks
2 carrots, peeled
2 stems of celery, cut into chunks
Himalayan rock salt
2 tablespoons of flour
¼ cup of red wine
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 table spoon of marmite
3 sprigs of fresh Thyme
3 leaves of fresh sage
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 bay leaves
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- Preheat a saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms to the saucepan and cook until they have shrunken down.
- Add onions, leaks, carrots and celery and allow to simmer, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add flour and stir into the vegetables until they are all coated.
- Pour in red wine, soy sauce and marmite and stir in well.
- Add herbs and vegetable stock and mix together.
- Allow to simmer and reduce.
- Pour the gravy through a siv into a smaller sauce pan.
- Serve hot.
Share your creations with us on facebook.com/plantbasedlifeSA/
Happy healthy cooking!